Tuesday, December 4, 2018

MINE - KATY EVANS

Title - MINE
Author - Katy Evans
Genre - Erotic Romance
Pages - 337


He's mine, and I'm his. Our love is all-consuming, powerful,
imperfect, and real...


In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the Underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington "Riptide" Tate as vital as the air he breathes... and now he can't live without her.

Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, she is torn away from his side. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls MINE.

*********************************************************************************

Katy Evans is now one of my favorite adult romance authors. Reading this book got me back into the mood of reading and soon I will resume working on my trilogy. 

This book is the second installation in the REAL series. I haven't reviewed the first one cause I read it a while ago, but I soon will get to it. Diving into the review...

What I loved about Katy Evans style of writing is that it is easy to read. You could continue reading this one without getting bored, or anxious about when you'll finish it cause it is taking forever.

Remington Tate is a total heart-throb. Hot, possessive, strong, focused, primal, beautifully damaged, irresistible... Remy was all of that. Raw, sexy, invincible in the ring. I'm being biased here, but Remington is the kind of man I would have loved to be with and that is one of the few reasons why I loved this book. 

Now that I've pretty much mentioned everything I loved about this book, let me state the things I am not that much of a fan of. 

The plot wasn't heavy, so essentially the book could have been wrapped up in fewer pages. I did find it a little too long. Although she is a delightful young woman, Brooke's character didn't grip me. The supporting characters really seemed like Remington Tate's side kicks. They didn't seem to have a life of their own. And, somehow, the scenes and flow didn't feel real. In my opinion, the reader needs to be sucked into the story enough to forget the world around him/her. That didn't seem to happen.

I am going to go ahead and read the rest of the books in the series cause I am curious to see the direction in which Katy Evans nudges her characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment